Welcome!

Thursday, February 13, 2014


As you know, we are starting to make the big "trek" back to South Africa. It has been a very emotional time, but we have been learning through all of this that although things don't always go the way we want, we NEED to continue to trust in God for His guidance. 

My hope was that a huge miracle would come about, so that we could stay permanently here without ever having to leave.  My hope was also that I could share with others what mighty things our God can do. I had faith the size of a couple of mustard seeds, and was very disappointed and bewildered when it did not come to pass.  All the emotions of anger, disappointment, fear, worry, etc. rushed through me during the first couple of days.  Then I was reminded, through His word, and many friends, that things don't always have to go our way. I was reminded that when He delivers His miracles, they are done His way, and not the way I want!  

During our time here, I have always had in my mind how I think things should work.  However God has been telling me that I am not in control of His plans for me, or my family. He is showing me that I need to be deep in His word on a daily basis, and I know that I have failed with that. 

So as we walk, ride, run, fly through this journey, I would like to share with you our ups and down, our battles and triumphs, so that you can pray for us, and see that ultimately, God IS in control and that His plans ARE better than ours.

My biggest fears have been how I am going to be able to close off all accounts and bills before we leave, how I am going to get air tickets, where we are going to stay on the other side on a more permanent basis, how we are going to travel while there, and how we are going to get some income.  Are my eyes focused on the circumstances and the waves? Absolutely. I am therefore making a decision to focus on Him, like Peter did, and not the waves, so that we can walk on the water with Him as our guide.



Now, I need to get some boxes and decide what needs to be packed, what needs to be chucked and what needs to be stored..... how much can I fit into 2 suitcases per person????

1 comment:

  1. Dear Caroline, I can ask at my workplace how many boxes we can get the beginning of next week. I can pull up with our van and load it. Would you prefer the boxes to be flattened so I could take more or ready? I love you and am thinking about you off and on all days....Erika( through Joel`s Google account)

    ReplyDelete